Terms & Conditions: Photography Competition
By submitting a photo or photos in the NZ Garden Bird Survey ("the Competition") participants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions"). In these terms and conditions, Manaaki Whenua – Landcare Research is referred to as "the Promoter" and participants are referred to as "you".
- ELIGIBILITY: Entry is open to New Zealand residents only. There is no age limit. Only photographers not earning their primary income from photography will be eligible to submit entries. Employees and their immediate families, volunteers, and members of the Board of Directors and their families of the Promoter are not eligible to enter. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of all entries. Only people who have submitted a completed New Zealand Garden Bird Survey form can enter the photo competition
- OWNERSHIP OF PHOTO: You must only submit photos into this Competition that you have ownership of (i.e. you have taken yourself or have been permitted to publish). If you have not been permitted to use the photo you submit from the owner or do not have ownership of the photo, the Promoter excludes all liability for any claim of breach of copyright (or any other intellectual property) in photos submitted in the Competition. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of photo ownership. You must also have permission from any other people in the photo to publish.
- HOW TO ENTER: To submit a photo for entry in the Competition, visit any of the NZ Garden Bird Survey social media channels or website and follow the instructions, entries are collated through the use of the hashtag # NZGBSPhotoCompetition, or by submission using the Photo Competition submission form. Name, contact details (phone, address, and email) of the photographer, photograph location and names of those included in the photograph must be provided. All photographs submitted must be taken in New Zealand. Failure to supply all requested personal information at the time of submitting an entry may result in the entry being invalid.
- PHOTO SUBMISSION PERIOD: Photos can only be submitted from 7:00am Saturday 26 June 2021 to 5:00pm 9 July 2021 (the “Photo Submission Period”). Only photos received during the photo submission period will be accepted.
- PHOTO REQUIREMENTS: To be eligible for any category, a photograph must have been shot by the entrant between 7:00am Saturday 26 June 2021 to 7:00pm Sunday, 4 July 2021 in New Zealand. Submitted images should not have been previously published or submitted to any other competition or award (image sharing websites and personal blogs are acceptable). Only digital images will be acceptable (TIFF/JEPG/PNG. The photo(s) must meet reasonable standards of decency. The Promoter has the sole discretion to determine whether or not a photo meets these requirements. The description of the Photo must be detailed and appropriate for all audiences. Photos must not contain watermarks or photography credits. Photographers may make reasonable use of digital darkroom type techniques which enhance quality but do not distort the photograph. Only minor burning, dodging and/or colour correction is acceptable, as is cropping. Photos submitted for entry must have a minimum resolution of 1mb (max 10MB). When a photograph is presented, and entry finalised, the entry cannot be changed or edited.
- NUMBER OF ENTRIES: Entrants can post as many different photos as they like.
- JUDGING PERIOD: The judging period runs from Monday 12 July 2021 to Friday 16 July 2021. The winner will be advised before the result is made public.
- PRIZE: 1 x pair Nikon Prostaff 5 10x42 Binoculars valued at $398 sponsored by Photo and Video.
- SELECTING A WINNER: A panel of industry experts will choose the winner. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable, and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Judges' decision is final and binding in all matters, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- WINNER ANNOUNCEMENTS: By submitting a photo for entry, the entrant hereby agrees to participate in any publicity related to the Competition. The Winner in the Competition agrees that their identity may be disclosed in winner announcements and promotional material. The Winner also agrees to have his/her image photographed and used for publicity purposes without any additional payment being made.
- PHOTO WINNER NOTIFICATION: The winners will be notified on Monday 21 July 2021 using the contact details provided. If after three days a winner cannot be contacted, that winner will forfeit the Prize with no right of compensation and the Promoter may select an alternate winner in its sole discretion.
- PRIZE ELIGIBILITY: The Promoter cannot be held responsible for the winner being unable to redeem the Prize. All entries are eligible to win the prize.
- PHOTO USAGE: By submitting a photo, the entrant agrees to allow the Promoter permission to use the image for the purposes of promoting the Competition, now and into the future, at no cost to the Promoter. The entrant also agrees to allow the Promoter to publish their photo in printed collateral, online, in-store and across other marketing media, at the Promoter's sole discretion and at no cost. For these purposes, the photo may be copied, modified and adapted to fit the required format.
- LIABILITY: Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, the Promoter and their employees are not responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the prize.