Wellington Nature Escape Terms & Conditions
‘Disqualified Participants’ are:
- all Landcare Research New Zealand Limited employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their Immediate Families;
- all people under the age of 18 years
The prize includes:
- Return flights for up to four people (two adults and two children) from any major domestic airport and the following smaller domestic airports; Blenheim, Gisborne, Hamilton, Invercargill, Napier, Nelson, New Plymouth, Palmerston North, Rotorua, Tauranga, Taupo, Whanganui and Whangarei
- Two nights accommodation at Rydges Wellington, 75 Featherston Street, in a Superior Twin Room for two adults and two children
- One family pass for the Zealandia by Night Tour
- One family pass to Wellington Zoo
- One family pass for the Wellington Cable Car
- Entry is limited to 1 per household and is gained by submitting a completed survey via gardenbirdsurvey.landcareresearch.co.nz/ during 26 June 2021 until 11 July 2021.
- Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority to enter the Promotion.
- No purchase is necessary to win or participate in the Promotion.
- The Promotion is only open to New Zealand Residents who are not Disqualified Participants .
- Landcare Research New Zealand Limited reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds whether or not they meet the definition of Disqualified Participants
- Landcare Research New Zealand Limited reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who Landcare Research New Zealand Limited decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules (including the Specific Rules), gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- By participating, entrants grant Landcare Research New Zealand Limited exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, videos, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
- Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of text or email notification – active, through to and beyond the date of the Promotion’s completion.
Winning the Prize
- Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prize (the ‘Winner’).
- The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Rules or the Specific Rules – if not specified then as determined by the Promoter who shall for this purpose be deemed the judge (the ‘Judge’).
- The Judge’s determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Winner will be notified by email, phone (voice or text), mail or in person and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by Landcare Research New Zealand Limited. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (e.g. when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone after three attempts or mail sent is returned) the Judge will select another winner. If, after successful notification, the prize is not collected within one month of being announced it will be regarded as forfeit. (Note: 3 attempts to contact the Winner will include individual calls to any numbers provided at the time of entry.)
- The Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. . In the event that the Prize specified in the Competition becomes unavailable for any reason Landcare Research New Zealand Limited may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- The Winner takes the Prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies Landcare Research New Zealand Limited in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the Prize.
- The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the Prize. Where the Prize supplier has associated terms and conditions the Winner accepts the Prize subject to those terms and conditions and restrictions.
- If the Winner’s permanent residence is in Wellington, they will receive all components of the Prize as detailed above bar the return flights.
- Where the Prize includes air travel and/or accommodation, either international or domestic) the Winner is solely responsible for ensuring that they have and can provide as required all valid documentation requested by the accommodation or transport provider, or any government authority, including but not limited to any photographic identification, passports, or visas. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities or suppliers (including any costs associated with delay, will be the sole responsibility of the Winner).
- The Winner and their travelling companions must travel together at all times. Any travel companion under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian for the duration of the prize.
- The Winner is responsible for their own transport from their residence to their nearest airport for flight departure and from their nearest airport to their residence upon returning to New Zealand.
- Flight tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. The flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airline's departure city and their current flight schedule. Unless otherwise specified, the air travel is economy class.
- The Prize must be redeemed and used in full by 30 September 2021. Failure to do so by the Winner means the Prize or any unused portion of the same is forfeited.
- Any changes to travel dates or additional accommodation outside the travel period specified in the Travel Prize details, made by the winner, which incur additional costs, are to be paid by the Travel Prize winner.
- Unless explicitly stated in the Specific Rules, the Winner will be responsible for expenses including, but not limited to, spending money, meals, drinks, transport, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the Travel Prize), gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, and all other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Travel Prize. The Winner is responsible for obtaining appropriate travel insurance to protect themselves against additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- The Travel Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Travel Prize must be taken as stated in the Specific Rules and no compensation will be payable if the Winner is unable to use the Travel Prize as stated. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Winner is, for whatever reason, unable to travel on a nominated date during this period, whether the failure was due to reasons beyond the Winner's control or otherwise, then the Winner will forfeit the Travel Prize.
- The Promoter makes no representation as to safety, conditions and other issues that may exist at any destination. The winner accepts the Travel Prize at their own risk.
- All travel and all elements of the Prize is subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions of the Prize providers and suppliers.
- Any travelling companion included in the Travel Prize (if applicable) accepts the Travel Prize subject to these terms, conditions and restrictions as if references to the Winner in the relevant clauses were to the travelling companion. The Winner and their travelling companion must sign a legal release, in a form acceptable to the Promoter in its absolute discretion, if requested by the Promoter.
Landcare Research New Zealand Limited Responsibility
- Landcare Research New Zealand Limited reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
- Landcare Research New Zealand Limited takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, texts with a misspelt keyword, texts to an incorrect shortcode, Force Majeure or otherwise.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law Landcare Research New Zealand Limited will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the prize.
- Where the Prize is to be supplied by an entity outside Landcare Research New Zealand Limited control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, Landcare Research New Zealand Limited has no responsibility for the provision of the Prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative Prize or to take legal action to require the Prize supplier to provide the Prize.
- Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- If the Winner does not accept these Terms and Conditions the prize will be forfeited.